Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Tuesday Letter Day

Okay, Tuesdays are going to be letter days and then when we get through the whole alphabet we are going to put all of the papers together in a binder for a homemade alphabet book! Yeah for us! A is for Ants on Anthills. We dipped his thumb in paint and then made ants! He had a ton of fun doing it. When I asked Cooper what "A" said he said "ahh". I was so amazed he already knew the sound. Kids are so much smarter than we give them credit for! We also threw together some Valentine's cards to send out to loved ones. We cut out Cooper's handprint and then put a heart in and glued down the 2 fingers to make the "I love you" sign. Then I painted Cooper's fist and he put both fistprints down to make a heart--well, it was supposed to make a heart. I think they turned out pretty cute for homemade.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Cute ideas! I love the letter day, the thumb ant prints are so creative! and the hand hearts So cute! I bet he had so much fun doing them! Great ideas!

Rebecca said...

really great ideas! i actually made a valentine mailbox with oliver after i read your post about it that he used at a v-day party. you should let cooper watch super why on pbs in the mornings (go to pbskids.org to see times). oliver loves that show and it teaches all about letters- it's perfect for their age.

Kelly said...

THANK YOU! I've been wanting to do some cute creative fun things but I just never have ideas. Now I'll just come to your blog and see what my project for the day or week will be. I'm actually having a little play group here tomorrow and I found an idea I wasn't crazy about. BUT I LOVE the little hand holding the heart thing. PERFECT. So once again...THANK YOU!

Connie said...

Emily . . . You are the best mom!!

Shalie said...

dang girl, are you going for the best mom award, 'cause you're making the rest of us look bad with all your cute craft ideas! What fun ideas, where on earth do you get your cute ideas from?