Friday, May 18, 2012

Update and Gratitude

I don't have much to update on but I thought I would continue the posts.  Really the only change we have had since I last updated is that our 4th embryo that they grew for another day, sadly, did not make it and was discarded.  So, we have no frozen embryos...bummer.  It seems that, for one reason or another, Jake's and my stuff do not like each over very well!  The frustrating thing is there is no obvious reason why we have such a high fall-off rate.  Our doctor won't really talk with us about solutions or alterations until we find out if we are pregnant or not.  We would never do another IVF cycle so it would seem that it doesn't really matter what happened or why BUT we still really want to know if for nothing else but to know.  We are still waiting for Monday.  This week has C-R-A-W-L-E-D by.  I am trying my best to stuff it with activity but it still goes by slowly.  I am over half-way done with the wait so that's progress!

On a more positive note we had an amazing, amazing MIRACLE happen today.  We received a VERY generous "donation to the cause" in the mail today.  Totally anonymous and totally generous.  We are so very humbled by the generosity of loved ones.  We feel like so many people have sacrificed for us from finances to babysitting to prayers and fasting to 2 liters of Diet Coke for sanity!  The overwhelming lesson that Jake and I have taken from this experience is that we literally laid our faith on the altar and just said, here it is, Lord, do with it what you may!  And the Lord has blessed us.  I say this before I know the results because I want it "recorded" that , come what may, we have seen the Lord's hand in our lives throughout this process.  So many paths have been opened to us to be able to do this financially: donations, the opportunity for me to work next year, people hiring us for odd jobs, the ability to obtain a loan.  Then emotionally we have had an astounding amount of support.  I am so grateful we have been able to share our experience with other's as it has lent us so many shoulders to share our burdens.  Please know that we are grateful.  So very, very grateful.  When I called Jake to tell him about the check we received today we both talked about how excited we are to one day have enough money to be able to bless others as we have been blessed.  If we are successful in our future dental field dreams then that will be one of the things we will be most adamant about-using our money to bless others as we have been blessed!

I promise to update on Monday, negative or positive.  I am nervous, anxious, and excited.  Until then...

5 comments:

Nancy said...

AAAAAAAAAAH!! I can't wait until Monday!

Josh, Dagmar, Sofia, Lilian, Jasper and Espen Jewkes said...

Thanks for the update, that is such a miracle and blessing to receive a donation to the cause! Awesome. I think it is fairly normal to lose a lot of embryos between fertilization and 5-day stage. I had the same thing: almost always 2 out of 15 of 16 would make it and each time they ended up in at least one baby! Still hopeful, especially with this dr.! Love, me

Shalie said...

I'm so glad you guys have been so blessed throughout this process, I hope you are also blessed with a bundle of joy at the end of it all. I can't wait until Monday! Good luck staying busy until then to keep your mind occupied!

The Child Family said...

What a miracle!!! I am so grateful that you are part of my family. You and Jake are so awesome, and have such strength and determination- I love you guys!!!
I hope and pray that the result is a positive one, literally :)
Either way, what an amazing faith promoting experience to help others grow in their own faith.
I hope the weekend goes by quickly- and good luck on Monday!!!

Kristin W. said...

That is amazing! I love how you got a check in the mail "for the cause." Someone is going to receive eternal blessings for that one! You guys are so amazing and such great examples to others! We are routing you on 100% and hope to hear good news on Monday. Either way, we are just happy to have you in our lives!