Sunday, April 13, 2008

Beach Bums!!

I just got back from a week and a half of pure, uninterrupted vacation. Yes, I'm tired, very tired. However, it was worth it and we had a blast swimming, playing at the beach, hanging out, vegging out, and doing a few other unmentionables on a memorable "girl's night out"! Jake has been begging me to put a lot of pictures of the vacation up since he wasn't around to enjoy it. We think Jake will be able to come back at the end of this week so we are really, really excited to have him back to ourselves! We love you and miss you so much!

We spent the first week with the Fia's, Josh, Mom, and Dad. Those girls are so much fun in the sun. If it was up to them they would stay at the pool all day long. The Beach Club has possibly the coolest set-up ever. There is a huge kid's pool in one area with several waterfalls and squirting water. This massive slide ends up in the kid's pool. Cooper couldn't get enough of it. He LOVED going down the slide. Poppy was a trooper to take him a few times because I got tired of climbing the 5 stories of stairs. Then there is a lazy river with several fun water obstacles. We stayed out of the adult pool and hot tub, but above that is another kid's sand pool. It's basically a bunch of sand that gradually runs into a pool. Lots of fun for the kids! While the pool is amazing, the beach is terrible. It is beautiful but that comes at a price. The sand is broken shells that cut painfully into your feet. Cooper wouldn't really get down and walk and I didn't blame him. It's pretty, though. Grandma and Poppy were so helpful with both the boys. It made my life a lot easier. Jordan, Amanda, and Jonah came up for a few days. Little Jonah and Big Luke are about 3 weeks apart (Luke is younger) so it was fun to see them interact and compare notes on milestones. We decided these 2 couldn't look any different. The next week Claire and Meredith came down to play with their little ones in tow. It made for a crowded house and some stressed Mom's, but it was definitely worth it! There were 5 kids in car seats, 3 mom's, and my 13 year old cousin came down to help out. We were all in a 3 bedroom condo. Here is a picture journal of the insanity.


One of the fun pools. Who needs to put the shark floatie in the pool? It sure made it easier to watch Cooper when Luke was eating. Trying to entertain the kids with the construction of the famous "Ickyboohoo" sand castle. We wished Poppy was there to add his decorative expertise.
Sweet Luke sleeps on his side with his middle fingers in his mouth. He has really learned to sleep through a lot of noise. He is such a good baby!
I decided he's not very photogenic because he always looks like he has 4 chins. He's not as chunky as he appears.

One of the days was really nasty so we decided to go to Marineland to check out the dolphins. The kids had a lot of fun watching the "big fishies". It was so windy and nasty we decided to go swim in the indoor pool for the rest of the day.


INSANITY!! Not enough arms to push all of the strollers.


Super Cool Cooper!
Avery, Meredith's little girl, was such a player! She was always holding Lincoln's and Cooper's hands. She was a peaceful barrier between the two boys who always tend to end up in tears when they are too close to each other.


GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN!! We needed a release so we decided to try some sexy hair-do's and our "fierce" model poses.

Claire decided to go 80's!! You go girl!

This is the one of the crazy nights we had. We would all climb on the bed and let the kids torture each other. At least we knew where they all were. Cooper had a tendency to walk out the front door and into the parking lot with no one knowing. Scary!!

On the way home. We were so packed in with 9 of us in the Suburban, 5 of those being car seats. Torture! Thank heavens for DVD's because the kids were actually really good besides a few mishaps such as Cooper being soaked from head to toe in his own pee. Oh well!! It was a blast to hang out at the beach!

13 comments:

Chad and Carole said...

I'm really wondering...what did you do about the whole stroller thing? Eh, looks like you had fun. Isn't it funny how you need a vacation from your vacation?

Joe & Lara said...

looks like yall had a lot of fun! love the pics of your kiddos- they are so cute!

Meredith said...

LOVE IT!!
Seriously, that trip was a blast. We'll have to do it again this summer....

Jen said...

That looks like SOO much fun! I am craving a nice, warm, sandy beach. . . or pool. Don't kiddos make life all that much more exciting? :) You make the best fierce model I know.

The Thomas Family said...

OKay, please please please tell me you are doing it again and that I'll be able to come next time. :) I love total craziness, funny hair dews and kids covered in pea. :)
That looked like so much fun!!!!

Rebecca said...

Sounds fun. Well, sort of. No, I really wish I could have been there.

Shalie said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I'm glad Jake may be able to be home with you soon, I bet you're missing him. I am jealous of your girls night though, I need one of those :)
Love ya

kateworthi said...

You are a fun girl Emily. Wish I could have been there to surround myself in the chaos - it would have been fun with you guys!

Jene and Megan said...

I'm so glad you guys had such a fun time! I love your pictures and am glad you girls are all back so I won't be so lonely anymore! haha..

Anonymous said...

Hello Nomads! How are you? I really miss your smiling face, you know that! The babies look so cute. I heard that you are back in Utah. What have you been up to? Visit me when you get the chance - meettheashbys.blogspot.com

hugs,

Mel

The Allred Family said...

I am so hot. Let me just say, i pull off the 80's style with flare.

The Fox Family said...

yay! Love Icky boo hoo's! After your dad taught us in S.C. we always make them. Looks like fun! I cant believe how big Kaliee has gotten! wow!

Shapiro said...

You crack me up Emily!
I love you!