Wednesday, December 9, 2009

November Update

It's really sad how my updates are now monthly. Oh well!

Best news: I have found my new babysitter.

Yes, this is the Wii. Yes, my children are obsessed. Is it sad that Cooper can now complete a race course faster than me? Yes. Do I care? Yes. Do I care enough to do something about it? No.

Let me explain. I HATE video games and always swore to never own one. However, I do feel that the Wii is different. We have wholesome games and we play it together. So...get off my case!

In other news, Thanksgiving was great! Jake's parents came to play as well as Julie, Beau and the Crofts! We had a full house and a fabulous potluck feast. Afterwards--we were all sick!
After we played we worked. We worked hard. Ever try to rake 52 acres of a forest? Well, it stinks. My poor in-laws worked harder than anyone. That's why I love them. They didn't even complain. Thanks guys! We love you!

Thought I was kidding when I called this place a forest? Check out that roof.
Jake turned 30!! I hate that age. It makes me feel so old. Happy birthday honey! We love you and miss you so much! I couldn't even plan a party because we didn't know if he'd be home. He was able to be a home for a day and a half. I'm just smiling about it so I don't cry about it!

Oh yeah, and I got bangs. I'm enjoying them but still getting used to them. It was time to do something different. Actually, I would encourage doing something bold! Come on...who has the guts??

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Happy Birthday Jake! Love the bangs.

The Allred Family said...

I love that even Ethan is watchin gthe kids play Wii. That kid is content with anything. I hope that trick is working today so you can get some things done for our fondue party.

Jessica Sedgwick said...

I love the pic with all the kids sleeping on Julie. Fun times. I wish I could have been there to help clean the yard...I guess that's one benefit of living so far away. :)

Ryan and Andrea said...

I love the Wii too. GREAT family game that everyone can play/watch together. Love the bangs-very bold for you!