Sunday, January 9, 2011

Santa is one fat dude...and dudette


 Our Christmas started out as they have all of my life.  We read and re-enacted the Christmas story.  I don't know if it would be Christmas without bringing out the old bath robes and finding our Arab headdresses.  I love it and I especially love Luke's enraptured look here. 

 And that is why Santa is one fat dude and dudette...because he (and she) ate all the cookies!  Seriously, that's one tradition I could do away with in the upcoming years. 
 Since Mom and Dad flew to Colorado we had to make do with our very own Allred sleepover!  It was great to have some family with us to make the day crazier! 
On a serious note, the best part of Christmas for us this year was our TOTAL surprising Secret Santa.  Some family "somewhere out there" took us in!  They totally surprised us by leaving a HUGE package on our front door on Christmas Eve night.  It contained 2 outfits, a nice jacket, and a toy for each of the boys.  Then it had a very generous gift card.  It's a humbling experience being on the other end of the Secret Santa stick--but much appreciated.  It definitely made me want to change the way we go about our future Christmases.  Secret Santa--wherever and whomever you are--we are grateful.  Thank you.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I wonder who the Secret Santa was??? Whoever it was, I'm sure you helped make their Christmas special and I'm sure it made your Christmas one to remember. How nice!

Jessica Sedgwick said...

Sounds like a great Christmas. That's really neat that someone did a Secret Santa for you. How fun, as parents, to have a Santa Claus, too!

The Child Family said...

It looks like you had a great Christmas!!!! The boys look adorable in the old bathrobes and Arab head dresses :)

The Allred Family said...

I forgot about the nativity pics! So cute!