Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Fabulous Birthday Weekend

Jake turned 29 on December 5th and as an official celebration of the last year in his 20's, mom gave us an awesome gift of a night away at a remote bed and breakfast. When I say remote, I mean really remote. It was this old Civil War town in the middle of nowhere--which definitely has it's romantic appeals. Other than being assaulted by smoke the second we walked into the B & B it was all wonderful and our room didn't have that "I've just been smoked in, isn't that lovely?" scent. We ended up having a fabulous and relaxing time-thanks mom and dad! The weekend was only made better by coming home to our adorable boys and attending a fun and candy filled parade in old historic Senoia. Coop's squealed in delight at all the different santa's, doggies, trucks, tractors, and candies being cast in his direction. Then we came home to make a delicious batch of those famous Hutchings Jubilee Jumbles. They really are becoming famous. I served them at our Sunday dinner and one of the missionaries exclaimed, "Are those Jubilee Jumbles?!" He had taken my recipe from a recipe exhange we had in Relief Society and made them for the entire mission. I was flattered even though I didn't create the recipe, I simply replicated. Anyhow, Happy Birthday Honey!!

6 comments:

The Child Family said...

That is so fun. I can't wait to come to Georgia and see you guys and the boys. I'm also excited to see the old architecture, I'm a sucker for that stuff. I hope pregnancy is going well. Let me know if you need anything (that I can feasibly do)

Shalie said...

How fun. Jake's cake looks SO GOOD! Is it that raspberry supreme cake my mom makes? It looks like it was a gorgeous bed and breakfast. I still have never made jubilee jumbles, I should try it one of these days.

Dixie and Drew said...

That bed and breakfast looks neat. I have always wanted to stay at one. Where is it at?

Jene and Megan said...

I'm glad you guys got to get away for a day!! I want your cookie recipe!!

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

I like that last pic of coop. His mouth looks huge. Oh, and that hat on luke is the cutest thing ever. He really should wear that everyday.

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

obviously that was claire