Thursday, November 6, 2008

Insanity

Most days are really, really good and then 5 or 6 comes around and it seems like every shred of my sanity and "niceness" get thrown out the window. It seems like the only thing I can do is sit and stare at the clock and wait for 6:30 to roll around so Jake can finally get home and my children will have a nice parent again. Then when it's Monday or Wednesday I have to keep telling myself to stay sane even though Jake doesn't even get home in time to see the kids. For example, last night he rolled in around 11:30. Now, who am I to complain when he's keeping crazy hours like that? I know, I should be happy that I have 2 beautifully wonderful children. Usually I am but right now I'm hoping for a little mommy time. Let me give you an example of my evening: Jake calls to tell me he won't be home until closer to 7:30 instead of 6:30--I try to hold in my frustration because I really feel sorry for his long days and drives, Cooper took a pen to my computer screen, while Luke is screaming from lack of being held Claire couldn't get my printer to work an hour before she needed copies and in our hurry to fix it we forgot about Cooper and Lincoln being outside, 20 minutes later we realize it and start outside to find them only to see 2 men driving down our driveway with our 2 yr olds in tow...yes, they had walked to the road and were screaming and crying as lost boys do and we're hoping these men don't call DFCS on us, now I'm watching all 4 kids and posting a blog instead of responsibly cooking dinner for hungry mouths. Oh well, they'll survive. I feel better already. Off to cook some boxed dinner for the monkeys!

7 comments:

The Thomas Family said...

Love your new template!

Great post! You are so funny. At least your kids only get a couple hours of grumpy Mommy. My poor kids get days of a mean Mommy. How do single mom's do it?!

Shalie said...

I understand. It really does seem like at 5 or 6 I'm just DONE. Its a good thing Cooper and Linoln got picked up by nice men and not kidnappers, that's scary, I'm glad they're OK. And at least we get peace and quiet after the kids go to bed, and then it starts all over the next day!

Paul said...

http://billie-brand.blogspot.com/
PLEASE
Add this link to the blogs you follow. We really need to get the word out for Hillary in her business venture.

Much Appreciated!

Annica said...

I wish that I lived closer so I could come and babysit to give you more "mommy time!"

Rachel said...

I CANNOT believe that you left your kids outside at Mom and Dad's- every corner you turn there is a death trap! And, I cannot believe that they walked all the way up the driveway- I didn't even know Luke was walking- and a 1/4 mile at that! Crazy story!

The Allred Family said...

hilarious. Just a post about reality. Thx. Oh, and I am terrible mother. How embarrassing.

Wilde Lady said...

I LOVE this story. It doesn't make me sound like the insane woman that I am any more. That it actually does happen to other women. I can only imagine what those men were thinking. What did Jake say when you told him?