Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Bet You've Never Done This Before

I promised Cooper a bonfire this last Friday but it started raining just when we were about to go out and collect firewood. In my efforts to be a good mom I told him we would take him on a truck ride through the pastures for fun instead! Yeah--I'm awesome! Well, unbeknownst to me there was a huge ravine that I hit going just short of 30 MPH and I looked over in fear as I saw my baby's head (and Jake's head) bouncing relentlessly through the cab of the truck. Cooper's head broke the windshield, but miraculously he didn't even have a bump to show for it. Jake was in more pain than him from hitting his head on the ceiling. Yeah, I'm an awesome mom and I had nightmares all night to show for it. Yes, I am being sarcastic for those who don't know my humor. :)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Whoa, that truck has been though a lot. I am glad that Copper-man is okay. Good thing their wasn't a seat belt nazi anywhere in sight OR you would have been in trouble... :)

Rachel said...

You need to stop making posts like this...people are going to start calling CPS on you! :) I'm glad Cooper was okay...and I'm glad there wasn't a seat belt nazi around either (or at least not reading this blog!)

The Child Family said...

I'm so glad nobody was seriously hurt. See, this is why we wear seatbelts!!!! :)
Coop sure looks like a happy kid!!!

Shalie said...

Nice. At least it made a pretty crack in the windshield!