Saturday, October 10, 2009

October List

Jake has this cousin who is super clever and hilarious! Anyhow, she makes these lists of things she wants to do/accomplish every month. I thought I'd try out a list for myself and see if I can make October a little more exciting! I'll try and post things when I accomplish them.

1. Decorate house for Halloween. Make some new decorations.
2. Flirt with Jake every day.
3. Buy a new shirt that is out of my comfort zone.
4. Get a pair of brown boots--finally!
5. Get my hands on P90X.
6. Let the kids play in the rain. Heck, go out and play with them.
7. Dress up for Halloween. Be a kid--live again!
8. See "Thriller".
9. Finish Positive Discipline ( a book that I can't seem to finish).
10. Get into a size 8 ???

Anyhow, I have finished #1 at least--



Yeah, I made those. Cool, huh? It's just random jars. I painted them with mod podge and then took tissue paper and wrapped them. Then I cut out faces and glued them on. There are christmas lights in there. I love them!

13 comments:

Rachel said...

Your Halloween decor looks so adorable. I see that you did this while Dad was out of town, perhaps so he couldn't stop you?? I want to know what he thought! :)

Jene and Megan said...

I really like the jar decorations you made. Cute! I like your list and I need a pair of brown boots too!!

Rebecca said...

cute halloween decor. I also thought, "I wonder what Dad thinks of this..." a size 8??!! That's amazing. you go girl!

Shalie said...

cute decorations. Which cousin are you talking about? How was Cooper's bday? Hope he had lots of fun, we were sure thinking about him!

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

That is such a great idea! I love your list, I want to steal it! I also love your decorations! So cute, Halloween is so much fun!

Tami H. said...

You have completed number 1 with a BANG! I love the jars!

The Child Family said...

Which cousin does the list thing?
I LOVE the jars, those are SOOOOO cool.
A size 8? Oh I remember the days :(
I wish you luck with all of your goals, they seem very accomplishable, good luck, you'll do great!!!!

Amanda said...

The house looked very Halloween'ish! I need to find some decorations - it is such a fun holiday to decorate for.
Happy Birthday to Cooper. It does seems like forever ago when you were pregnant with him. So much has happened since then. It was a fun party.
Good luck on all your goals!

Jessica Sedgwick said...

My first thought was also about Dad. How funny! Good thing he'll be out of town for most of the month. I like your jars!

The Fox Family said...

wow you are so creative! I LOVE that jar idea.

Shapiro said...

Happy Halloweeen! We love and miss you guys!~

The Allred Family said...

you're so funny with that list. you know I just gave borwn boots to the thrift store. totally in good shape i just didn't want them any more. anywho...you are a goal drven woman. go you!

Dixie and Drew said...

I love the list idea! I am all about lists. I started doing that at the begining of the year, but then I got away from it! But now you have inspired me! Thanks, Emily!!! Can't wait for Nov. list!!!